Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pandemonium vs. Peace

I recently made a spread in my Art Journal with these words on it. Next to them, I put "Pray for peace in your heart and in your soul and in your mind and in the world."

Having just awakened from a delightful little "surprise" nap - the kind brought on by one's late afternoon reading of the Sunday paper (you know the kind, right?) - I'm feeling particularly refreshed. The dream that occurred during these few minutes of quiet respite are clear in my mind. I'm not going to write specifically about them, only to say they were total pandemonium. I woke up feeling quite peaceful. Perhaps the release of whatever pandemic thoughts brought on the dreams created a larger space for peace to come forward in my awakening. I needed it. It's been a day (already, and it's only 5 p.m!).

On top of praying for peace in all those places I mentioned, pray for children - yours, mine, theirs, his, and hers. Pray that they will know peace, and know how to want and recognize it when it pops into their mind after awakening from a dream-filled night.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps we can teach our children to find some "quiet time" away from the world's chaos by modeling this ourselves.
    And may the Prince of Peace remind us all to seek His perfect peace amidst life's uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete