Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My New Old Friend

Today was a very big day for me!

When I arrived in Harvard Square and called Fritzie, she was stuck in traffic. About ten minutes later, she called back asking where I was...and we kept asking questions of each other until -- TA DA!! -- there we were!! Yep, it's true, Fritzie and I met up and we had a great time together!! (I promise to post a photo, but need to get her permission first!)

We sat on a bench outside of a flower shop for about an hour and a half, talking about this and that and a little more of this and some more of that. It was like we'd just visited last week. It was as if we'd known each other for a long time. I felt right at home with Fritzie. Every time I think about this morning, I just start smiling!

And I got to meet her husband and her beautiful daughter, and she showed me a photo of Gabby!! Oh, we just talked about everything. I gave her a little "book of art" I made for her, something like the accordian book in my intro to this thread. She gave me wisdom and cheer and smiles and hugs and I'm not the same Mary I was when I left home this morning!

Today has been an awesome day, and this is just one of the reasons. 

I am a very, very lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment